The University of Oregon Diversity Excellence Scholarship recognizes undergraduate, graduate, and Law students from diverse academic and social environments.
Students are recognized for their educational achievements and contribution to diversity and inclusion on campus and in their communities. The scholarship is an integral part of the university’s inclusion and diversity mission. Awardees receive tuition-remission with awards ranging from partial to full tuition and fee awards. Both incoming undergraduate, graduate, transfer and law students are eligible to apply.
Upon acceptance into the DES program, scholars will be advised by a CMAE advisor to ensure students are meeting DES eligibility responsibilities.
For more information please visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for additional information on this scholarship.
- Annual award amounts are $6,500 for undergraduate students and $9,000 for graduate students.
- The scholarship is renewable. Length of eligibility is based on the recipient's grade level at the time of awarding.
- DES cannot be combined with some tuition-remission programs such as the Presidential Scholarship, University of Oregon staff tuition rates, or Graduate Teaching Fellowships.
CMS Academic Residential Community
The DES provides it’s recipients an opportunity to choose to live in the Community of Multicultural Scholars Academic Residential Community (CMS ARC) during their first year. The purpose of this ARC is to establish a community of learners to share their diverse identities, cultures, and experiences by living and learning together. By choosing to live in this Academic Residential Community you’ll live with others who embrace inclusiveness and seek empowerment. You’ll also have the opportunity to take classes together that address social justice issues currently affecting the lives of individuals of color and underrepresented groups.
You must apply for housing to be considered. Learn more about the CMS ARC
Diversity Excellence Scholarship Advisory Board
- Yvette Alex-Assensoh,Vice President for Equity & Inclusion
- Jim Brooks, AVP& Director, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Michelle Holdway, Associate Director, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Gerardo Sandoval, Associate Professor, Planning, Public Policy & Management | Director, Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies
- Nedzer Erilus, Residence Life Coordinator, Division of Student Life
- Kelley Howarth, Senior Instructor, Romance Languages