Call for Nominations
UO 2019 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards
Deadline to submit nominations: November 26, 2018
Equity, inclusion and diversity are fundamental aspects of the values we hold dear as a university community and were profoundly reflected in the life and work of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. One way we demonstrate our commitment to these values is to recognize and celebrate campus community members who employ these values to move the university forward.
The Rev. Dr. MLK, Jr. Awards seek to recognize UO employee contributions in three areas:
Improving access and opportunity for faculty, staff and students on campus by dismantling barriers
Putting in place policies and programs to enhance opportunity and success for under-represented populations
LACE: Love, Authenticity, Courage & Empathy
- Give freely of their time and service to advance the work of equity and inclusion in ways that reflect elements of L.A.C.E. These people work quietly but effectively for change through their own selfless service.
- Demonstrate outstanding commitment to the institutionalization of equity, inclusion and diversity using principles of the IDEAL framework and via Diversity Action Plans. Their work and commitment goes beyond the scope of their respective jobs, areas of research, or administrative responsibilities.
ALL classified staff, officers of administration, faculty members, graduate employees, post-doctoral scholars, and groups of UO employees who have not previously received the award, are eligible to be nominated. (Previous winners)
Submission and Deadline Information:
- Review criteria and submit nominations for one or more awards
- Please submit nominations online: 2019 MLK Awards
- Deadline to submit nominations: Monday, November 26