2020 recipient: Edgar Buendia
The Erickson Scholarship is intended to encourage the higher education of students of color who are underrepresented in the college system. Each year the student receives a portion of the money to cover tuition, room, board and books. The scholarship, which is worth $3000 per year, is renewable for up to four years provided the recipient continues to meet its criteria. The recipient will be required to work with the University's Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence for academic advising and support. The Erickson Scholarship applications are reviewed by an impartial selection committee, under the guidance of the University of Oregon. Your application is confidential.
You are eligible if you:
- Will be a first-time Freshman entering the University of Oregon in the Fall of 2020.
- Special considerationgiven to students who are Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latinx, or Native American.
- Able to demonstrate financial need, as determined by the University [complete FAFSA or ORSA].
- Interested in contributing significantly to the improvement of his/her community, as demonstrated by community service and personal career goals.
- Academically strong enough to graduate in four years, and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3;
- DACA and Tuition Equity students eligible.