Advising Resources for UO Students during COVID-19
Resources to help prepare for your advising appointments:
Stay ahead of your academics by utilizing our Planning Sheets:
- Notify advisor of changes that will affect the DES such as summer school, overseas study, National Student Exchange (NSE), stop-out, and/or transferring to another school.
- Meet with a DES advisor at least once per term during duration of the scholarship.
- Complete at least 12 (undergraduate), 9 (graduate/law) credit hours each quarter; this includes summer enrollment if applicable.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 (undergraduate), 3.0 (graduate/law) GPA after each spring term.
- Notify advisor of changes that will affect the DES such as summer school, overseas study, National Student Exchange (NSE), stop-out, and/or transferring to another school. It is your responsibility to verify the applicability of your DES for study abroad and NSE.
- Make satisfactory progress towards general education and major/minor requirements.
- Primary communication will be via your UO e-mail. Scholars must activate and use their University of Oregon email account. (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-curricular Engagement: Students are expected to participate in at least one community engagement project, leadership opportunity, mentoring or other high impact activity, on or off campus. Opportunities for CMAE co-curricular engagement generally revolve around MLK Day of Service and Earth Week.
- Attend any special meetings as required by a DES advisor.