- President Michael Schill and Provost Scott Coltrane instructed each administrative unit, school and college to create a Diversity Action Plan in line with the president’s priorities and the IDEAL Framework.
- Each unit, school or college received a template and had opportunities to engage with consultants at a campus leadership workshop and in one-on-one sessions and resources and trainings from the Division of Equity and Inclusion
- Units asked to identify tactics, measures, resources, and lead personnel over a three-year timeline.
- Diversity action plans submitted Plans had a variety of creative and innovative ideas, including:
- New internship and outreach programs
- Hiring and retention initiatives
- Restructuring of committee work,
- Reworking of policies
- Reallocating resources in more equitable and inclusive ways
- Aligning programs with promising practices
- Improving and enhancing departmental climate
- Expanding traditional notions of diversity
- Plans reviewed by academic and administrative review teams with input from the University Senate and collaboration and input from the general counsel, finance and administration, faculty and staff unions, community partners and student leadership.
January – June 2018
- Status of IDEAL presented to the Deans' Council
- President and the Provost meet to discuss overarching priorities
- President meets with all vice presidents and Provost with all deans to proceed with further implementation of the diversity action
- Key institutional priorities identified and working groups established
- Representatives from across campus met in a "DAP-tivation" meeting to share information plan implementation and next steps.
- Showcase Oregon: Implementing the IDEAL Framework, to evaluate past and current work and consider next steps. (June 5)