CMAE offers regular, credit bearing UO classes in Writing. These classes are offered in collaboration with English Department.
The classes are limited to only 18 students, taught by highly experienced instructors in a diverse, culturally supportive environment.
CMAE writing classes are regular paced classes. If a student feels they need additional support, concurrent enrollment in WR 195 is recommended.
For more information, please review the class schedule here.
CMAE Fall 2023 Course Pre-Authorization
Welcome to the application for CMAE Sponsored Course Pre-authorization form. Please read all instructions prior to proceeding. Please note: Diversity Excellence Scholars and CMAE Scholars are automatically authorized.
CMAE writing classes are regular paced UO writing classes. If you feel you need additional writing support, concurrent enrollment in WR 195 is recommended when taking WR 121.
CMAE sponsored courses are designed for students who show a compelling need for smaller class sizes and increased contact with instructors. These courses are focused on multicultural issues and social justice related topics.
For current UO students:
- Pre-authorization process is open to all UO students until Friday, May 5, 2023
- Complete application form by Friday, June 2, 2023
- You will be notified, through UO email, of your application status by Monday, June 5, 2023
- If approved, eligible students can register for any open seat after 9:00am on Monday, June 5, 2023
For newly-admitted students:
- Complete application form by Sunday, August 27, 2023
- You will be notified, through UO email, of your application status by Thursday, August 31, 2023
- If approved, eligible students can register for any open seat after 9:00am on Thursday, August 31, 2023
CMAE writing classes are open to ALL students on Friday, September 22 (no pre-authorization is needed after this date).
The last day to add writing classes is Friday, September 29, 2023.
Reminder: International students should enroll in WR121e instead of requesting for CMAE regular WR121