CMAE offers regular, credit bearing UO classes in Writing. These classes are offered in collaboration with English Department.
The classes are limited to only 18 students, taught by highly experienced instructors in a diverse, culturally supportive environment.
CMAE writing classes are regular paced classes. If a student feels they need additional support, concurrent enrollment in WR 195 is recommended.
Please review the class schedule for more information here.
CMAE Winter 2023 Course Pre-Authorization
Welcome to the application for CMAE Sponsored Course Pre-authorization form. Please read all instructions prior to proceeding. Please note: Diversity Excellence Scholars and CMAE Scholars are automatically authorized.
CMAE writing classes are regular paced UO writing classes. If you feel you need additional writing support, concurrent enrollment in WR 195 is recommended when taking WR 121, 122, and 123.
CMAE sponsored courses are designed for students who show a compelling need for smaller class sizes and increased contact with instructors. These courses are focused on multicultural issues and social justice related topics.
- Pre-authorization process is open to all UO students until November 18, 2022.
- You will be notified, through your UO email of your application status on Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
- If approved, you will be able to register for open seats on Monday, November 28, 2022.
- CMAE writing classes are open to all students on Friday, January 6. (No pre-authorization is needed after this date).
- The last day to add writing classes is Friday, January 13.
Reminder: International students should enroll in WR121e instead of requesting for CMAE regular WR121