IDEAL Framework Diversity Action Plan Implementation Grants help with pilot or seeding funds for strategies and tactics specifically found in the
Diversity Action Plans of schools and units.
Spring 2020 Call for Proposals
The Division of Equity and Inclusion is pleased to announce a call for proposals for Diversity Action Plan (DAP) Implementation Grants, which support annual diversity initiatives with between $1,000 and $10,000 each. In this Spring 2020 cycle, $40,000 total will be awarded in funding.
Grant proposals will be solicited from diversity, equity and inclusion committees or Diversity Action Plan committees from schools, colleges, or divisions across campus, with support from the unit’s dean, vice president, vice provost, director, or department head.
Proposals may represent opportunities to expand successful DAP initiatives, build capacity for new partnerships between units or to innovate new initiatives that align with the principles of the IDEAL Framework. Proposals that extend beyond a single unit must be submitted and supported by leaders from all of the units. The funds should not be solicited to support activities that are normally supported through other means on our campus.
The IDEAL Framework Diversity Action Plan Implementation Grant represents an opportunity to implement tactics and strategies in DAPs across campus that:
- may benefit from start-up funding, and/or
- may apply a proven practice or strategy to the UO context, or
- may be the result of new, creative thinking within the unit
We are especially interested in funding proposals that:
- are tightly aligned with DAPs,
- explore cross-cutting identities or issues,
- explore the application of the LACE framework (Love, Authenticity, Courage, and Empathy),
- promote faculty as well as staff engagement and/or
- spread resources across multiple units.
The grant may be considered as a pilot or seeding opportunity, which should (if successful) be sustainable beyond the one-year term, through funding within the relevant unit or through other forms of support, including external grants. DAP funding cannot be used to cover permanent labor costs.
Proposals are due by May 11, 2020. A committee of DAP leads from schools, colleges and administrative committees will review the proposals and assist with the selection process. Decisions will be announced by June 15, 2020.
Proposals for initiatives that will cross academic years will be accepted, provided there is a clear rationale for a multi-year timeline and multiple years of funding.
Submit proposals via this Qualtrics survey
The survey will ask you to provide the following information (unless otherwise noted below, all components of the proposal submission survey require text entry):
- Name of unit(s), name and contact information for the person who will be responsible for the proposed initiative and their involvement in the unit’s DAP process.
- Initiative title
- Brief statement on how this initiative addresses a DAP-related challenge faced by your unit
- Specify the key IDEAL or LACE component that the initiative addresses, and describe the motivation for the initiative
- [File Upload or Text Entry] Description of the proposed initiative
- summarize the work that will be done, the resources that will be consulted, and the process of implementation
- include a timeline for the initiative and expected date of completion
- indicate the likelihood of sustainability of the initiative beyond immediate implementation, and what resources will be required
- Indicate how you have consulted with your dean, vice president, or vice provost, and what guidance and approval you have received to implement this initiative.
- [File Upload] Specify the amount of funding requested, how the funds will be used, a basic budget for the entire initiative and the name and contact information for your unit’s business manager.
Each DAP grant recipient will be expected to submit a 1-page reflection report within thirty days of conclusion to share the outcome of the work and any lessons learned.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org