Below is a snapshot of and resources for current (as of December 2018) and historical data related to student, faculty, staff and administration diversity.
The Office of Institutional Research website has the most up-to-date numbers and dives deeper into the demographics and data points.
Students of Color in UO Enrollment
- The University of Oregon total enrollment for 2018_2019 was 22,760 students, with 28 percent undergraduate and 19 percent graduate students of color.
- Looking closer at students of color in the fall of 2018-2019, total enrollment included:
- 12% Hispanic or Latino students
- 5.9% Asian students,
- 2.3% black or African American students
- .7% American Indian or Alaskan Native students
- .4% Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander students.
- 10.5% international students
- 7.4% students of two or more races were enrolled in that fall.
Gender in UO Enrollment
- Total enrollment in fall 2018 was made up of 53.7 percent females and 46.7 percent males.
- The gender breakdown of undergraduate and graduate students closely mirrored total enrollment and the 10-year trend remained steady.
- Student Demographics 2008_2009 to 2018_2019
- Retention and Graduation Rates for Students of Color
- University of Oregon 2nd- through 8th-Year Retention and GraduaƟon -- Under-Represented, Majority, and All Students of Color
Fall 2017 Enrollment:
The UO employed 5,199 in 2018_2019:
- 15.7 percent employees of color.
- Female employees represented 53.5 percent of the workforce and males represented 46.5 percent.
- Faculty Demographics 2008-09 to 2018-19
- Staff Demographics 2008-09 to 2018-19 (includes administrators, classified and officers of administration)
For a breakdown of diversity within each school and college, visit the Office of Institutional Research personnel website. Select the "Faculty by School/College" or "Staff by School/College" tab along the top to look at employee of color or gender data for the selected school or college.