Alondra Nelson | Eric Holder | Ruth Simmons | Emmanuel Akyeampong | Khalil Gibran Muhammad | Kimberly Johnson | Lia Epperson | Freeman A. Hrabowski, III
The Social Life of DNA: Race, Reparations, and Reconciliation After the Genome
- President, Social Science Research Council
- Harold F. Linder Chair and Professor, Institute for Advanced Study
- Author, The Social Life of DNA: Race, Reparations, and Reconciliation after the Genome: finalist for Hurston-Wright Foundation Award for Nonfiction; Wall Street Journal favorite book.
Honorable Eric Holder
Defending Democracy: A Conversation with Eric H. Holder, Jr., 82nd Attorney General of the United States (2009-2015)
- 82nd Attorney General of the United States under Obama Administration
- First African-American to be Attorney General of the United States
- Chair, National Democratic Redistricting Committee
- Partner, Covington & Burling LLP, Washington, D.C.
Civil Society’s Debt to Higher Education
- President, Prairie View A&M University in Praire View, Texas
- President (former), Brown University
- First African-American named president of Ivy League University
- Established Brown University Steering Committee on Slavery and Justice
African and African American Relations, c. 1960 to Recent Times: Transformations in Global Blackness
- Faculty Director of the Harvard University Center for African Studies
- Professor of History and of African and African American Studies, Harvard University.
- Fellow: Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences
- President: African Public Broadcasting Foundation
Khalil Gibran Muhammad
The Role of Antiracist Research in the Academy and Beyond
- Professor, History, Race and Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- Suzanne Young Murray Professor, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Director (former), Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Awards: Fortune Society’s Game Changer Award, Ebony Power 100, Root 100 of Black Influencers
How Far Do You Have To Go For Justice? Acting beyond the vote.
- Author, best-selling novel This Is My America
- University of Oregon Assistant Vice Provost for Advising
- Director for the University of Oregon Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence.
UO Law School Derrick Bell Speaker Series
- Professor of Law and Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs, American University Washington College of Law.
- Expertise: civil rights, constitutional law, and education policy.
Freeman A. Hrabowski, III
The Empowered University: Shared Leadership, Culture Change, and Academic Success
- President, University of Maryland
- Chair, President’s Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for African Americans under President Obama
- Chairperson, National Academies’ committee and report, Expanding Underrepresented Minority Participation: America’s Science and Technology Talent at the CrossroadsTED talk, Four Pillars of College Success in Science.