The vision of the University of Oregon’s Division of Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is to make inclusion, equity, and diversity both essential and commonplace within the University community. To further DEI’s mission in providing central leadership for campus-wide equity and inclusion policies and programs, a portion of DEI’s funding has been designated to support initiatives, speakers, and activities that meaningfully contribute to advancing equity and inclusion at the UO. Although DEI is comprised of five units, including the Office of the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, the Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC), the Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence (CMAE), the Many Nations Longhouse, and the Multicultural Center, all funding requests must be submitted through the office of the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion rather than individual units.
If you are interested in having DEI sponsor or co-sponsor your initiative, speaker, or activity please complete and submit this form. Due to limited resources, the amount requested may not exceed $500.
- Requests for funding will be reviewed monthly and must be submitted by the 5th of each month. Those who have been awarded will be notified within 5-7 business days of the 5th.
- Note that there is no funding available during the summer term.
- Funding will be awarded to projects/programs and events that contribute to the equity, inclusion, and diversity efforts of the campus as well as align with the UO IDEAL Framework.
- All projects/ programs must collaborative and include two or more units/organizations. This does not include co-sponsorship.
- If your request is approved, you will be required submit a 2-page report/evaluation within a week after your event or program has taken place. This report must detail how the event aligned with the IDEAL framework and how the event benefited the targeted audience (students, staff, faculty, and/or community members). This must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Payable invoices and indexes must be submitted no later than 30 days after the event has taken place.