Diversity, equity, and inclusion must be part of the agenda of all leaders of the University of Oregon. From the president to department chairs, from the ASUO president to the president of the University Senate, all leaders need to promote the university’s values in both plans and action. The Division of Equity and Inclusion will play the central role on campus in promoting equity and inclusion; in supporting the efforts of leaders to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion; and in tracking progress toward meeting those objectives.
Leadership Strategies and Initatives
- Include evaluations of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of the hiring process for leadership.
- Articulate statements and goals regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Include as part of performance reviews the records of leaders in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Establish conscious recruitment strategies and hiring objectives tailored to the needs of particular units with respect to under-represented faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Engage development officers throughout the university with leadership in the Division of Equity and Inclusion to identify, pursue and realize opportunities for philanthropic support for diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities.
- Develop and promote programs that mentor and prepare members of under-represented groups for leadership opportunities at the UO.
- Share best practices for achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the university.
- Ensure that the Division of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity deploys its resources to achieve maximum effectiveness in its mission of leading efforts on campus.